Jaxcent for .NET
Nothing is happening! No debugger breakpoints hit.
Check that the Jaxcent hookup to your page is enabled.
For ASPX pages
- Use one of the JaxcentPage constructors that takes the UI page as a parameter? If you did this,
did you use this constructor before Page Load, and during or before Pre-Render event (preferably
by adding a constructor for the UI page)?
Do you also have one form on the page with "runat server" attribute present, even just
an empty form e.g.
<form runat="server"></form> ?
For HTML pages
- Call JaxcentFramework's AddURL method (usually in Global.asa)?
- Is JaxcentDotNet23.js in the right place?
- Is JaxcentHandler.ashx in the right place?
Jaxcent calls are being ignored.
Jaxcent is connected but output to the page is not being processed. This is a typical
result of batch-updates accidentally left to true. If you are setting batch-updates
to false, make sure you are doing this with an appropriate try/catch block.
Session is null
- Enable auto-session, either in the JaxcentPage constructor or in AddURL? (For HTML, it must
be in AddURL.)
- Remember not to try to use the session until the Jaxcent page-loaded event (not to
be confused with ASPX page-loaded event) has fired?
If deploying in a virtual directory, make sure to review
the directions in Deployment Considerations.
Also see Known Problems in Jaxcent.